Our history, rooted deeply in Presbyterian tradition, dates back to 1989 in Lady Lake, FL where we met for the first time as a new church.
The Early Years
In 1992, with the aid of the Central Florida Presbytery, we purchased land on Rolling Acres Road and built our first facility which included meeting rooms and a fellowship hall which also served as the worship center. Before the first service was held, it again became obvious that we needed much larger facilities. This led to further planning and the construction of the sanctuary worship center which accommodates 1200 people and opened in 1998.
On July 28, 2013, we dedicated our newest addition which includes an expanded kitchen, additional meeting rooms and a new fellowship hall seating 500 for contemporary worship services and fellowship functions. In 2021 the choir room renovation project was completed. Walls were moved to open up the space, and new flooring, risers, chairs, and music storage cabinets were installed.
With energy and vision the family of North Lake has taken on the mission of meeting many needs, both within our church family, in our community, and in the world. Our Big Three Ministries include Operation Homebound, Christian Food Pantry and Little Blessings Christian Preschool. Visit our Missions page.
The family of North Lake Presbyterian Church has become a true beacon in a community in need of the message of God’s love.