Our Criteria and Mission
To provide meals for shut-ins who reside within the boundaries of The
Villages, Fruitland Park and north to Highway 42 in Marion County.
On May 4, 1998 Operation Homebound was born and served 14 individuals.
Today that number has increased to 200 per day. OHB is a recipient of the Governor’s Golden Choice Award for excellence in the community.
Monday-Friday 7:30 AM – Noon, Including all holidays:*
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- United Way of Lake and Sumter County
- Church Members & the Community
- Private Grants
- Recipients pay $6 per day per meal
- Meals Produced to date: 880,000 (through Dec 2019)
- Number of Volunteers each week: 400
- Number of Volunteer Hours: >40,000 per year
- Miles Driven Per Year: 85,000**
**Drivers are not reimbursed for gas.